- Assists in recruiting new staff members, including drafting job descriptions, posting and advertising jobs, screening candidates, and assisting hiring managers with final selection.
- Run background checks on prospective and new employees, volunteers and interns.
- Assists in maintaining Human Resource files; including creating new HR files, filing information and pulling old files and irrelevant files
- Maintains and updates regional personnel records and folders.
- Provides benefits and payroll information and assistance to employees.
- Creates and maintains new hire information kits and assists with the new hire orientation
- Distributes important memos and forms among employees.
- Maintains intranet HR document folder.
- Helps identify issues of concern to employees and develops services and programs to address those concerns.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative role, Human Resource experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others including different functional areas within region as well as national departments.
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, promptness and dependability.
- Able to work with a high degree of self-direction and flexibility, especially with respect to taking initiative, prioritizing multiple tasks, and using good judgment to resolve problems.
- Able to provide information and guidance to other employees in a compassionate, discreet way.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment opportunity for every applicant, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability. The Company is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment, and the Company will fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes pertaining to employment.
NFTE is not required to sponsor individual work visas.