Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. NFTE, through 11 program offices and global partners, provides programs that inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures.
NFTE is seeking a highly-motivated team player, writer, and fundraiser who is committed to empowering youth through entrepreneurship education. The Development Associate will help NFTE raise funds to support its mission primarily through researching corporate funders, writing proposals, preparing progress reports, and tracking grant deliverables and timelines. This position is part of the Headquarters Development team and reports to the Director, Corporate Partnerships and will work closely with regional program staff, funders, and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct prospect research
- Production of materials for donor solicitation including presentations and appeals
- Assist in donor cultivation and stewardship including meetings, correspondence and appreciation efforts
- Prepare proposals, reports and budgets for funders
- Maintain work plan and pipeline records
- Work collaboratively with Director, Corporate Partnerships to develop and execute fundraising strategy focused on acquiring new corporate partners
- Share ideas to inform general fundraising programs and tactics, keeping current on fundraising and field trends and issues
- Represent NFTE at a variety of external meetings and events
- Provide support at select regional NFTE events
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience creating, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences through brief, simple materials.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships both internally and externally. Strong collaboration working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively manage time and work well in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and other research programs a plus.
- Deep commitment to NFTE’s mission, core values, and our commitment to improving the lives of at-risk youth.
NFTE is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Visit our website, www.nfte.com for more information.