Frequently Asked Questions
1. My school or youth group is not participating in the World Series of Innovation yet. How can we get involved?
It’s easy to get involved! just visit our website at www.nfte.com/innovation to register your team or class. Each team must choose someone over age 13 to act as their primary contact. Then just make sure to complete your submission form and any accompanying documents by the deadline.
2. Can more than one classroom from a school or more than one group from a single sponsoring youth program participate in the World Series of Innovation?
Yes! As many classrooms or teams as want to are allowed to participate. Students must work in groups of at least five (2). One individual adult may also be the representative for more than one student group.
3. How can we promote this to our other classmates and friends?
We'll provide posters that you can put up around your school - and you can create your own posters, too!
4. How much time will the World Series of Innovation take?
You can spend as much time outside of class working on it as you like, but we suggest at least the equivalent of 2 classes (90 minutes) be dedicated to classroom activities and background work, plus 2 more classes (90 minutes) devoted to your innovation and the completion of the submission form.
5. Can we enter innovations in more than one category?
Yes, but remember you must fully complete each submission form and create a full commercial message for each idea you submit. That will take some time and effort if done well, so make sure not to over-extend yourselves by trying to do too much!
6. Can a group of friends from different schools participate in the World Series of Innovation?
Sure, as long as there are at least two (2) of you on each team!
7. When will the winning innovations be chosen?
Submissions will be due on October 26, 2012