Director, Corporate Partnerships
The Director of Corporate Partnerships reports to the Vice President, Development, and will work closely with a peer Director and the Chief Marketing and Development Officer to ensure that NFTE meets the strategic objective of engaging leading corporations in our shared desire to provide at-risk students with the resources they need to create the next generation of entrepreneurial citizens. The Director will (1) support and ensure delivery of the goals and objectives of our current corporate partnerships (2) strengthen and expand existing relationships to deepen our shared commitment to helping young people succeed and (3) identify and secure new corporate prospects that advance the goals of both NFTE and the partnering company. This position will primarily be focused on (80%) current partner management and expansion of those relationships.
The Director will acomplish these goals by...
- Establishing the strategies and plans for increasing revenue from the corporate sector.
- Managing a specific portfolio of major corporate relationships, learning and understanding their corporate philanthropic missions and working with them to determine the best partnership models possible to achieve their objectives by supporting NFTE.
- Generating revenue and in-kind support for NFTE’s sites across the country in the context of global, national and multi-region partnerships.
- Representing the organization at national and global functions.
- Having knowledge and understanding of the NFTE program model, culture and key stakeholders.
- Identifying new and creative ways for NFTE to develop new partnerships and expand current relationships.
The Director will be expected to be an active participant in programmatic planning as part of the development team. The Director will also be responsible for coaching others, with a focus on junior staff and regional staff, towards a shared set of objectives designed to elevate and enhance overall development outcomes across the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in general fundraising with an emphasis on corporate fundraising, marketing, philanthropy or program management.
- Relationship management (both internally to NFTE and with external partners) is key to success in this role. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships with corporations, across various levels and functional areas is required.
- Outcomes-orientation with a focus on measurable results and long-term vision; has a strong record of both growing partnerships, and securing new partnerships.
- Demonstrate deep commitment to NFTE’s mission, core values, and our commitment to improving the lives of at-risk youth. Ability to tie NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, employment and youth development.
NFTE is committed to diversity in the workplace. Visit our website, www.nfte.com for more information.