The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) provides entrepreneurship programs in order to inspire young people from low-income communities to stay in school, recognize business opportunities and plan for success. NFTE’s goal is that every young person from a New England low-income community will have access to NFTE’s program to build their academic and professional skills, expose them to the market economy and help them develop an entrepreneurial mindset in order to remain competitive in the increasingly global marketplace. NFTE is widely viewed as a world leader in entrepreneurship education. To date, NFTE has worked with over 500,000 young people and currently operates programs in 18 U.S. cities and 10 countries, and has more than 1,500 active Certified Entrepreneurship Teachers. NFTE is an IRS approved 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
NFTE New England, one of eleven NFTE program offices in the United States, was established in 1991 and has successfully launched a partnership with dozens of public schools throughout the region. NFTE's curriculum has been adopted in a select number of charter schools. During the 2012-2013 academic year, we reached over 850 students, bringing our cumulative total to over 15,000 young people served to-date.
NFTE’s strategy for achieving our mission is to:
- Partner with schools and develop collaborative goals to implement NFTE programs
- Create innovative, experiential and relevant curricula
- Train and support teachers
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for New England’s business community
- Provide supportive student and alumni services
- Evaluate student outcomes
Because of program expansion opportunities, NFTE New England is hiring a Program Manager to help implement the organization’s programs and build NFTE New England’s capacity to increase its reach and impact.
A Program Manager of the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is responsible for supporting NFTE’s experiential curriculum and maintaining and enhancing its successful youth entrepreneurship programs. To reach this goal, the Program Manager is charged with the management of the program office on a day-to-day basis. He/She will organize communication, resources and materials with NFTE’s teachers and program partners. In addition, he/she will work closely with the Program Director to support NFTE New England Certified Entrepreneurship Teachers (CETs) who teach the curriculum during the school day. Therefore, a key element of the Program Manager position is maintaining relationships with NFTE’s educators and program partners. The Program Manager will coordinate and execute other student activities, such as volunteer visits to classrooms, student conferences, business plan coaching sessions and business plan competitions that will allow him or her to work directly with youth from low-income communities.
The program team as a whole also works to provide current NFTE students and alumni opportunities outside of the classroom so that students can set a pathway for continued success. Each Program Manager additionally takes on internal capacity building projects to enhance NFTE New England’s efficiency and effectiveness. The Program Manager will work closely with the National Program Team, and other program office program managers to integrate new resources into current programs and replicate best practices in order to continually improve NFTE’s offerings.
Support NFTE New England’s programs, working to ensure quality and consistency:
- Under the supervision of the Regional Program Director, The Program Manager supports NFTE teachers, including logistics such as site visits, volunteer opportunities, field trips and other aspects of program
- Take lead of Alumni relations including, outreach, networking and support
- Coordinate key programming events such as NFTE New England’s Youth Entrepreneurship Conference, wholesale field trips, classroom business plan competitions and Regional Business Plan Competition.
- Assume organizational capacity-building responsibilities, including enhancing existing and building new NFTE program office infrastructure to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage and expand all social media sites for NFTE New England
- Assist in external communication to sponsors, funders and volunteers
- Think strategically to identify and prioritize program improvement and expansion opportunities
- Input and analyze data in Salesforce to track program performance, make appropriate adjustments based on data, and document qualitative and quantitative program features.
- Collect and track all program expenses, submit timely expense reimbursement requests, and prepare information for internal and external financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in education-related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products, and social media sites
- Proven ability to learn new systems and technologies
- Minimum two -four years’ experience in program support, teaching and/or in a business/professional environment required.
- Demonstrated belief in NFTE’s mission and values
- Strategic thinker with the ability to envision, implement, and manage projects in an effective manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail orientation required.
- Experience in an education-related community-based organization or school environment.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, think critically, take initiative, display leadership and be able to manage multiple projects.
- Enjoyment and skill in developing rapport with and influencing young people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in building internal capacities of a small program office and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong passion for improving public schools and for increasing opportunities for students from low-income communities.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required. Program Managers are frequently at school sites. Mileage reimbursement provided.
The Program Manager position is full-time and reports to the Program Director.
Salary: Competitive salary. Comprehensive benefits. No relocation expenses will be provided.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department at email@example.com with "NE Program Manager" in the subject line.
- Also in the subject line, please put your first and last name.
- In your cover letter, please share how NFTE’s mission and goals relate to your interests and previous work experience, and how your skills and knowledge will enhance NFTE’s impact.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
Visit our website, http://www.nfte.com for more information.