The national challenge, a culmination of local and regional competitions, is presented by the Citi Foundation and Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) with additional support from PayPal and Santander. Student businesses will showcase their innovative ideas to a live audience and a panel of VIP judges at the InterContinental Hotel New York Times Square. The evening wraps up with three top finalists. The grand prize winner will receive $10,000 and a 45-minute coaching session with The People’s Shark Daymond John, founder and CEO of FUBU. Two runners-up will be awarded $2,500 each and an additional $3,000 will be distributed among top-scoring semifinalists.
“Our students are already applying artificial intelligence and other emerging technologies to solutions for health, wellness, equity, and more,” said NFTE President and CEO Dr. J.D. LaRock. “I invite you all to attend our October 3 National Competition to not only support tomorrow’s business leaders but to glimpse what our future society may look like.”
What are diverse young entrepreneurs thinking about? Assisting people with disabilities, capitalizing on artificial intelligence, raising backyard chickens, selling non-toxic deodorant, launching a DEI app, and more! See it for yourself. Reserve your seat for the 18th annual National Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge.
- Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2023; 6 -9:30 p.m. EDT
- 6 p.m. EDT Doors open; youth business expo and cocktail reception
- 7:30 p.m. EDT Final competition and awards ceremony
- 9:30 p.m. EDT program concludes
- Who will be there?
- NFTE alumni, students, teachers and staff
- Key partners, supporters and volunteers
- Entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and industry executives
- Location: InterContinental Hotel New York Times Square, 300 West 44th St., Grand Ballroom
- Reserve a Seat (Free): nfte.com/events