NFTE Greater Dallas has had a very busy third quarter and we are looking forward to wrapping up the 2012/2013 school year with a bang.
- This year approximately 1,700 students will complete the NFTE course in 23 middle schools and high schools, with more than 1,000 students completing written business plans and presenting their businesses as an end of year assignment.
- NFTE Greater Dallas is pleased to announce that Ms. Dee Coyle from Harold W. Lang Middle School was selected as our 2013 Global Enterprising Educator, Ms. Maria Munoz NFTE Alumni Class of 2009, was selected as our 2013 Global Young Entrepreneur and Ms. Florence Williams from Ernst & Young was selected as NFTE Greater Dallas's Volunteer of the Year for 2012/2013. Dee and Maria were honored at NFTE’s 25th Anniversary Gala in New York City on April 23. We are so incredibly pleased to have such amazing people involved with our organization here in Dallas.
- NFTE Greater Dallas had 15 outstanding businesses that competed on Saturday, May 11 at Harold W. Lang Middle School with 4 businesses advancing to the NFTE Greater Dallas Final Business Plan Competition on May 22. The businesses that will be competing include:
o Bedazzled – 9th grader Valerie V., Woodrow Wilson High School, Dallas – a lanyard badge designer
o Dubstep – 7th grader Alex B., W.E. Greiner Middle School, Dallas – a mobile DJ Business.
o JJ New World – 9th graders Amena J. and Juan R., MacArthur High School, Irving, an educational game designed to answer the “what ifs” in history.
o RespectU – 9th grader Alondra O., Woodrow Wilson High School, Dallas – Non-profit mentorship program.
- NFTE Greater Dallas will host its Final Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge on Wednesday, May 22, at the Ritz Carlton Dallas, beginning at 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. tickets are still available reserve your seat NOW.
- NFTE Greater Dallas recently partnered with SMU’s School of Economics where graduate level students worked side by side with students, helping them fine-tune their business plans and presentations.
- We are partnering with SourceLink, a program out of Dallas Mayor Mike Rawling’s office to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship. NFTE Greater Dallas has been selected as the “youth entrepreneurial piece” of this important city wide initiative.
- NFTE Greater Dallas, Fidelity Investments and the Irving Independent School District will be hosting its first ever BizCamp® experience to students from Irving ISD this summer. We are currently still accepting applications.
- NFTE Greater Dallas will be hosting its 10th annual NFTE U the week of July 8 – 11 at our new offices located at 10440 North Central Expressway.